The University of California, Davis (UC Davis) is one of the best ranking institutions in the United States. It is one of ten campuses in the University of California system.
Notable UC Davis alumni include: Tiffany Lam (Miss Hong Kong winner 2002), Catherine Carr (Gold Medalist at the 1972 Summer Olympics), Tanya Seaman (founder of PhillyCarShare), Heather Fargo (former Mayor of Sacramento, California), Kevin Shelley (former California Secretary of State), Ann Veneman (former Secretary of the United States Department of Agriculture, 2001-2005), etc.
Rankings and Ratings:
- UC Davis School of Medicine is placed 20th for primary care and 47th in research according to the US News "America's Best Graduate Schools 2011".
- UC Davis School of Law is rated 35th among the 184 American Bar Association-approved law schools in the United States. The rankings appear in the U.S. News & World Report's 2010 edition of "America's Best Graduate Schools". UC Davis is also rated 25th in the "peer assessment ranking" category that is based on surveys of law deans and professors nationwide and 20th in the racial diversity of the student body.
- Rated 51st in the world (Webometrics Ranking, January 2010).
- 11th among public universities nationwide and 42nd among public and private universities in the country (U.S. News & World Report 2010).
- 108th globally in the QS World University Rankings™ 2009. It is also ranked 38th among the world top universities for Life Sciences & Biomedicine.
- Listed among the Best 368, the Best Western colleges, and great schools for biology and psychology majors (The Princeton Review 2009).
- 49th among the best universities in the world, according to the Institute for Higher Education at Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China (2009).
- 24th in a Cool School's survey and a B+ as a "campus sustainability leader" on the College Sustainability Report Card (Sierra magazine 2009).
- 3rd among UC campuses and 34th for all national universities in "best education" as rated by high-school counselors (USNWR 2009).
- 10th in the ranking of U.S. universities based on their contributions to society (Washington Monthly 2009).
* Suggested Reading: UC Davis MBA Ranking Achievements